Senior Systems Engineer - C++, C#
Embodee is hiring and we are looking for a highly skilled Senior System Engineer with passion for C++ and C# to take the lead on the networking and systems development that drives our highly sophisticated product rendering pipeline. You will join our team - with optional relocation to our new headquarters in the Caribbean available, to do leading edge work while enjoying the incredible lifestyle available to our employees at our San Juan, Puerto Rico location.
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and ensuring the reliability of our custom networking solution for distribution of image rendering tasks within a cluster of rendering machines. This is the backbone of our system for delivering virtual product experiences for the world’s leading brands, via kick-ass renderings of apparel and footwear for online customization. All of our experiences are delivered via our own, in-cloud, hosted service running state-of-the art GPUs, and reach millions of users worldwide. You will work alongside a team of amazingly talented developers and 3D designers delivering cutting edge retail and eCommerce experiences.
You are good at:
- Network programming
- C++, .NET / C#
- Developing and maintaining server software
- Windows and Linux
- Delivering reliable and robust apps and services
- Managing server hardware solutions, including performance optimization
- Following well accepted engineering processes and standards
- Voicing opinions in process and infrastructure improvements
Needs to be a team player, comfortable with working with a tight-knit, high energy team, and is self-driven. Experience with PHP & Python is a plus.
Interested in joining our team? Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3D Production Artist
Job duties: 2D image processing, import and review CAD models, modifying and setting up materials, 3D object creation and manipulation.
Software utilized: In-house production tools, industry standard 3D and 2D tools.
Work location: San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Position type: Full-time.
- Love 3D
- Speak fluent English
- Enjoy being part of a team and taking on responsibility
- Are meticulous in attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Are eager and able to learn in-house work flows and methodologies
- Are able to troubleshoot and work with limited supervision
- Are willing to learn and seek to grow your skills
Embodee works with leading athletic apparel brands to create lifelike 3D renderings for online garment customization. Embodee is a very high-tech, small (~10 folks) and growing. Learn more at www.embodee.com.
You will be trained to create high-quality 3D garments which will be faithful replicas of real-world garments, utilizing Embodee's proprietary garment digitization toolset. In addition to making extensive use of our custom tool suite you will also work in industry standard tools such as Autodesk and Adobe products. You will edit these garments using our production processes as well as standard 3D modeling techniques. You will work with in-house tools that check and track production assets. You will work with colleagues respected in their field, and report to production managers.
- Bachelor's of media arts, animation, graphic arts, or similar degree
- 1 to 3 years-plus working with standard 3D production tools such as Maya, 3DsMax, and Softimage
- Extensive knowledge of texture coordinates (UVs)
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and control of materials
- Familiarity with CAD model file formats such as FBX
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with cloth simulation is a plus but not necessary
- Live in the Greater San Juan area and willing to commute to the downtown area
If you think you're a good candidate, please send an email with resume to email@example.com. Thanks for your time!